Our royalty software makes handling complex royalty rules simple and accurate.
Easy Royalties supports royalty rules based on:
- Sales type. Some publishers pay a different royalty rate on foreign sales or sales to wholesalers.
- Format. While many publishers pay escalting royalty rates on printed books the general trend is for a flat royalty rate on eBooks/digital content.
- Customer. You can set up different rules for different customers. Publishers frequently pay no royalties on sales to the book’s author(s).
- Below Cost Sales. You can create a royalty rule where no royalties are paid on below cost sales.
- Discount. Royalty rates can vary by discount. Some publishers pay a lower royalty rate on sales made at a high discount.
- Quantity. Supports an unlimited number of escalator clauses. One example is 10% on the first 5000 copies sold, 12.5% on the next 5,000 copies and 15% thereafter.
- Different royalty base types. Royalty rates can be based on the list price, gross receipts, net receipts, net receipts less overhead charge, net receipts less overhead charge and cost of sales.
- The quantity escalator. Most publishers do not apply high discount sales or sales made to the author towards their royalty rate escalator quantities.